Wednesday, October 31, 2007
This is a cool retro/future figure I'll do a work in progress series about. The figure has been soaked in a degreaser for about a week and then washed in Dawn dishwashing liquid and dried. The seams and pour gates have been trimmed and sanded. The parts are fitted together and pinned using nails or paperclips, whichever is appropriate for the part size. Fit problems are corrected at this point. The joints are closed using plumber's epoxy putty (the dark gray stuff you see on the ends of the arms and legs). The parts are washed again and dried. They are now ready for the first primer coat. I will use gray auto primer.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
I've got about six commission pieces in the works currently. I'm working my way through a stack of commissions that has sadly, and much to my disgust, taken far too long to complete. I took on far too many commissions in my first year of work. Mostly out of a desire to make them all happy. When I get through the current batch I plan to cut back on acceptances, now that I have a better idea of how much I can handle. Here are my last three.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Today I'm creating a blog to muse about life and to document some of my garage kit adventures. I primarily specialize in anime, and girl kits. But, I have experience in all areas of garage kit and model making in general. I hope to make this documentation as entertaining and educational as I can, but bear with me. This electronic medium is new to me. Don.