Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Competition Yoko on Scooter

I built this figure for an international contest in the far east. Hopefully it will do well. I call this model "Believe in Me". One of several memorable catch phrases from Gurren Lagann. Sculpted by Vispo. The model was painted with acrylics and lacquers. The model does not include a left sideburn, which may be true to the anime, (she looses it somewhere around ep20 for reasons not clear to me). I found it made the sculpt look too awkward for my taste. I sculpted a new left sideburn and incorporated it into the model, draping it over her left shoulder. I feel it gives more balance to the face and shows less ear. I also sculpted Boota to ride in his favorite place. (comic relief). There is a magnet in her right hand and a corresponding magnet in the top of the rifle scope. She can easily hold her weapon and it can be removed if the model is transported. She sits on a large pin so the figure can be separated easily from the scooter for transport. Two round rhinestones were used for the auxiliary lights on the handlebars. Her jacket is a dark purple that looks almost black in the pictures. The emblems on the jacket were airbrushed to accentuate the flame effect.
The base contains the batteries and flasher circuit (which I built from a simple, inexpensive kit). Two switches on the front of the base control the lighting effects. One for engine and hover domes, the other for lights. There are a total of eleven LED's in the scooter.

2 headlights (white)
4 taillights (two red, two yellow)
2 in the hover domes (blue)
2 in the engine compartment (red flashing)
1 in the dashboard on the handlebars (white)





















2 comments:

Bobby the Blue Baxojayz said...

Stunning work!

Kevin said...

Omg this is awesome! I would like to buy it off of you! But I know it's not possible, you do commission? If so does it cost an arm and a leg? I really want to know because if it's within my price range (Price of most E2046 would be nice ;)) then I'd hire you right away! :D